200 Hrs TTC
Chanting has been an integral part of all religions through the ages. As we sit together in one place, we have different thoughts. But when we start chanting, there is one thought and one rhythm in all our minds. All minds become one. This oneness creates a profound energy that enlivens us.
Hatha Yoga (Asana)
This session covers yoga's history, philosophy, and development from ancient times to the present, including important texts. You'll understand yoga's goals and how practices fulfill them, connecting your personal practice to roots for more meaning and better progress evaluation
Though you will have pranayama practices on each daily practice classes, you will specially have some classes dedicated to pranayama in which you will learn the following breathing techniques – anulome-vilome pranayama, nadi sodhan pranayama, sitkari, ujjayi, kapalbhati, etc. We will also have lectures on philosophy of pranayama, philosophy of panch prana, etc.
Mudra (Gesture or Attitude)
Maha Mudra or the Great Gesture is the first Mudra mentioned in both Hatha Yoga Pradeepika and Gheranda Samhita. In Sanskrit, Maha means great and Mudra means a gesture, attitude or seal. Maha Mudra is a technique to raise the human consciousness to higher levels and for improving health. It is highly recommended by yogis. Maha Mudra is best done in the morning when the stomach is empty. It creates a good ambience for meditation practices, hence should be done before the start of meditation.
Bandha (Yogic locks)
Bandha or a yogic lock enables a yogi to block and direct the flow of pranic energy in certain way to change the energy pattern in the body. Bandhas not only modifies the flow of pranic energy through the nadis (energy meridians), but also modifies the flow of nerve currents in the nervous system and blood flow through the blood vessels. Bandhas are mentioned in most classical yoga texts like Hatha Yoga Pradeepika, Gheranda Samhita, Siva Samhita, etc. In yogic scriptures, the Bandhas are clubbed along with mudras or yogic gestures. The reason for it is that both Bandha and Mudra modifies the energy pattern in the body to give rise to heightened levels of awareness.
Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
While gaining understanding of goals and philosophy of yoga and having overviewed the practices that ancient yogic used to meet these goals, we will look at the same practices from the perspective of modern science. We will see how the effectiveness of yogic practices is explained in traditional, anatomical and physiological terms. This topic will also give you understanding of safety during practice. Being aware of how body works, what are the most vulnerable points, how diseases originate and how they affect systems of body, you will learn how to build the practice safely for all students and adapt it for specific needs.
Yoga Philosophy / Life Style Ethics
The main philosophy of yoga is simple: mind, body and spirit are all one and cannot be clearly separated. Yet there is a multitude of philosophical ideas developed by looking into the deeper dimensions of the body, mind and spirit.
Outline of the Schedule (Subject to Changes):
5:30 AM – Wake up
6:00 to 7:15 AM – Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting, Shatkarma
7:15 to 7:45 AM – Tea Break
7:45 to 9:00 AM – Hatha Yoga
9:00 to 10:00 AM – Breakfast
10:30 to 12:00 PM – Yoga Philosophy
12:00 to 12:30 PM – Tea Break
12:30 to 1:30 PM – Therapeutic Alignment, Human Anatomy/Physiology
1:30 to 2:30 PM – Lunch
3:00 to 4:00 PM – Rest/Self-Study
4:30 to 6:30 PM – Postures/Alignment Hatha Movement
7:00 to 8:00 PM – Dinner
9:30 PM – Sleep (Lights out)
Course Fee Includes:
- Accommodation facilities with a private room and attached bathroom for your comfort and privacy.
- Free Wi-Fi service throughout the campus to stay connected with loved ones.
- 24-hour hot water facility.
- Free filter mineral water facility to keep you hydrated and healthy during the course.
- Three pure vegetarian meals per day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) to nourish your body and mind.
- Two tea breaks (morning and evening) to keep you energized and focused throughout the day.
- Main text book, Anatomy text book, Note book.
- Shatkarma Kit (Cleansing tools).
- One Day Sightseeing near Rishikesh.
- One day ancient temple visit
- At Sunshine Yoga School, we welcome individuals above the age of 18 years to enroll in our courses. However, we request that students inform us in advance of any medical conditions they may have, and provide proper certifications as required. It is important to note that we cannot be held responsible for any consequences that may arise as a result of lack of information.
- For the safety and well-being of all our students, we strongly advise pregnant women to consult with their physicians before enrolling in our courses. This will ensure that any necessary precautions or modifications can be made to ensure a safe and comfortable experience.
- At Sunshine Yoga School, we are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment for all students. If you have any concerns or questions regarding eligibility or medical conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our team is always available to provide guidance and support as needed.
Terms & Conditions:
- At Sunshine Yoga School, we believe in promoting a Sattvic lifestyle during the course period, with a focus on simplicity, purity, and mindfulness. To ensure that all students can fully immerse themselves in the course, there will be no intoxications or fancy meals allowed for the duration of the course. Additionally, to maintain a distraction-free environment, friends or relatives are not allowed to visit during course timings, unless they are registered for the program.
- Our accommodation is designed to provide a simple and peaceful living space, with each student allotted one room with an attached toilet. Our meals are also prepared with a focus on purity and simplicity, following the principles of a Sattvic diet.
- Please note that fees, once paid, are non-refundable. However, in the event of a solid reason, if somebody has to withdraw, we may offer a fee adjustment or further dates of rejoining the program.
- For any grievances please contact the course coordinator.
- It is important to note that Sunshine Yoga School reserves the right to cancel a student’s candidature at any time during the course in the event of non-compliance with our code of conduct or any other forms of misconduct. We take the well-being and safety of our students and community seriously and will take appropriate action if necessary to maintain a harmonious and respectful learning environment.
Rishikesh is a sacred town nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas on the banks of the Ganges. There are restrictions on alcohol, egg, and meat. Drink only bottled water, which is readily available throughout the town.
Good medical doctor and dentist facilities are available.
Climate: Rishikesh climate is continental type, but the weather is pleasant as Rishikesh located at the foothills providing cool breeze. The best time to visit is from mid September to April.